Wednesday, June 19, 2013

T.B.Y.S



Our voices can be a good part of our communication or it can be a negative part of our communication skills.  Lately I have noticed how many are lacking in the area of T.B.Y.S - Think Before You Speak...That really says it all.  As a parent, brother or sister, friend or even Foe, what we say will have a lasting affect on that relationship. 

We have all heard the saying "Sticks and Stones may heart MY Bones BUT Words Will Never Hurt ME!!! That saying is so untrue.  What we say to one another can hurt us and have a lasting impact on our lives.  Believe me part of my recovery is just that in itself. The words that were negatively spoken to me for years has taken a lot of time and patience to let Go and be free of.  I think it needs to be more like "Sticks and Stones May Break MY Bones But Words May Hurt Me Forever. 

I love Proverbs 16:24 that states "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.  (ESV)  Or by using encouraging words as 1Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing

Working as a cashier at Wal-Mart you do tend to see others in the best and worst behavior I must say. I have heard parents often say to their children "Get out of my face! I don't want to see you right now!" or, another one I hear often is a child wanting his/her parents attention and they are so busy on their cell phones the child is ignored for the most part until the parent notices them and will fly off the handle and yell at them because they are wanting his/her parents attention often due to the fact that they need to use the restroom, or someone needs them such as myself the cashier, or even cause they forgot something in the cart but we are so busy in our own world we lash out and not realize how our words are not being used in a positive way.

 I am not perfect by a long shot, but I am slowly learning how what we say and do can impact someone's life for eternity.  As many say we are often the only thing others will see.  And will it be for the good and that Jesus will shine thru you or will it be for the negative and leave people wondering where you stand spiritually. 

Lets do more T.B.Y.S and impact lives for the better.

Until next time. 

1 comment:

  1. I've tagged you in a post: http://lovinglifeinpink.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-to-z.html

    Mrs. Lopez of Loving Life In Pink

    ReplyDelete