Sunday, November 10, 2013

Month of Gratitude - Day 10

Being thankful for things is often something we do take for-granted in that should we be thankful for every little thing in our lives?  Take the jig saw puzzle. How many of us have done a jig saw puzzle and we get to the very end of the puzzle only to find out it is missing one piece. Or we have a puzzle and one piece just does not fit in anywhere. We can get so agitated and frustrated because we can not get it to work correctly.  We try and fail so we give up.  Not sure why, but we end up throwing that jig saw puzzle in a box and putting it in the closet to maybe some day bring out again and seeing if somehow that puzzle piece magically found it's way home to the correct box. 

In ways that is how I have been for years trying to figure out who I was, what I enjoyed doing and who I actually was. I always felt I was missing a puzzle piece that I could not get my hands on.  Everyone would say I was this type of person, or would tell me what I meant or was feeling it was assumed that they knew.  No one every truly asked how I felt they just always knew.  But most of the time they were never right.  But I was too much of a misfit to say they were wrong. 

Yet I have found that puzzle piece and in finding that puzzle piece I have also found my voice. I can now speak up for myself and say what I think. And if they don't agree that is fine. But I have feelings and great ideas I just have to be able to be who I am and who God wants me to be. I no longer feel like I am missing a puzzle piece, I found it and I now the secret of why I was missing it.  Maybe at some point another piece will go missing, yet this time I know exactly who to ask and how to find it. It's inward looking inside to see what is missing and praying to our awesome father who will light the way. 

Here's a verse to meditate on:

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well"Psalms 139:14 (ESV)

God made us so we are not misfits, we aren't missing any puzzle pieces.  They maybe hidden but God will show them to us in his time not ours.

Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment