Friday, November 1, 2013

Month of Gratitude - Day Two

 
Day Two on this month of Gratitude and I am finding that it is endless what I am thankful for.  We have so much to really be thankful for and often we take things for granted. So this month  I am trying to focus on just that, find the things we take for granted so that I can appreciate those things in a fresh new way.

Last night I got home late after an evening at church, only to have my 19 year old son tell me something is wrong with the light in the laundry room.  Being the head of the household now has made me think and act in ways I never did before because I had a husband to take care of those issues.  But I went to check out the fuse box, and all was ok. I then proceeded to the laundry room and found that all the light would not come on.  So then I thought, wonder if it is just something as simple as a light bulb being blown out. And so I took out that light bulb and put in a fresh new one and instantly we had light.  I think my 19 year old felt a little silly not thinking of that yet, it reminded me of how we are  truly lost with out that light shining so brightly. 

 In Psalms 119:105 it says "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"  God is not the physical light as we need for everyday living,  yet God is the light that leads us on a path that he has designed for us.  The opposite of light is darkness and often times when storms come our way we tend to run and find those candles, Often we have forgotten where we put them.  At least in my household that often is the case.  Yet God is our light and we only have to reach out to him to light the way and he will direct our paths. 

Next time you need some extra light, it may not be the physical light that we so desire but the spiritual light that only our heavenly father can give us.  Rest assured God's light will never dim.  It will be the same yesterday as it will be tomorrow. And it will shine until eternity. So thank you God for lightening our way, and for showing us the path to take.  It maybe a path filled with hardships and ups and downs, but I know you will light the way. 

Blessings and Grace

Cathie 

No comments:

Post a Comment