Monday, November 25, 2013

To Walk or to Run

t In this week of being thankful I have had a song that has never left my mind and has given me time to think about my life where it was and where it is going.  I seem to listen to more praise and worship music then secular music but the song by Kenny Rogers The Gambler Chorus has been playing over and over in my head.  Just the chorus but it really has a lot to say about life. 
 

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run......
 
 
Often in life we continue to sit at that table and not get up to make a move. We are scared of the unknown what will happen if we walk away. Often we think of our failures and that inhibits us from moving forward because we are to scared to fail again.  Yet God's mercies are bountiful and often once we get up life begins to happen.  Yet, so  often we do know when it is time to walk away and even when it is to Run.  I have sat at many tables had many conversations some good and some bad and often I knew when it was time to get up.  This chorus can apply so much about life and where we are and were we need to be.  I am so glad I chose to get up and walk away and make the choices that God will honor.  (The part of the song about wheelin and dealin are not what I wanted to focus on but the first part of the chorus) :)
 
Life isn't easy but I can tell you that it is easier when you are ready to surrender and give it all to him and let him direct your path.  You do have a choice you can continue to sit at that table or let go and run to a new day a new beginning a new you !!!
 
Blessings
 
Cathie

1 comment: