Friday, November 1, 2013

Month of Gratitude - Day One

 

November 1st means Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and many are already thinking of that scrumptious turkey dinner. Yet taking a "day" to be thankful for me is not enough.  So this year I have been challenged to write a set of things I am most thankful for.  I am not sure I can think of 28 things to talk about between now and that scrumptious turkey meal, but I am going to try each day to make a go of this.  It's not to late to join me if you want or post a comment about something YOU are thankful for.  So Here I go.

What am I thankful for today?  I would have to say Laughter so often when times get difficult the one thing we seem to drop from our life is to be happy and laugh at life and even at times at your self for your mistakes.  I didn't realize how much I missed laughing until one day someone said something to me, and I didn't understand them correctly and I started to laugh and the funny thing was it was not really that funny, yet I could not stop the laughter from escaping my mouth.  I realized at that moment how good it felt to laugh again.  It made me feel alive and that I had a life worth living.  It might sound like a simple thing but for some life is hard and they can't imagine being able to laugh.  I know that no matter what happens on the journey I know God wants us to be laugh and have joy deep down in our hearts.  So take it from me a hearty dose of laugher is the best medicine to a fragile heart !!

Grace and Blessings
Cathie 

1 comment: